Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The truth about MISSING THE POINT


As I am packing up for my vacation, I endeavoured to hide some of my most prized possessions, just in case my house gets broken into. Looking around my limited assets, the two easiest take away seems to be my much treasured portable Bose Ipod Dock and Sony digital photo frame, both of which were acquired at its prime, when they first surfaced the market.

The real treasures in the picture however, are the two wooden stools that the Gadgets rest on.

The stools had been with my Grandma in Miri for over 60 years! (I conned her into bartering the two wooden things with two deluxe brand news) They have withstood pressure from my uncles, my aunt and my fat cousins. My brother and I would have hopped on to it dozens of times, practicing Lion Dance and even used them as weapons against each other.

Grandma has 16 kids! Do the math, and you’d discover the multiplicity of people having utilised its service by my (3rd) generation.

The poor stools have finally found its resting place worthy of its stature (not having to undergo any further abuse), serving two state of the art digital gadgets like many of its masters, who were once at their prime.

I am not hiding my stools. The thief would never, in my wildest imagination, consider taking the old woods. The truth is, I will not think twice about trading in the Bose and the Sony for the two precious antiques largely overlooked by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment